Tuesday 20 May 2008

Walk to School Week


Oh what a good idea this is.

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe we need to reduce our carbon footprint and be concerned about the environment and global warming. But there is a seeming injustice about Walk to School Week.

Basically, a child gets a sticker if they have not come to school in a car. It matters not whether they live two minutes from school, or right on the edge of the catchment area as we do.

Reuben was very keen on this, and since one of the 'acceptable' modes of transport was a bicycle, he wanted to cycle to school. What this means is, he wanted Daddy to attach his bike to my bike, and tow him to school. It really is uphill all the way. His bike is not a light carbon frame, but a solid steel construction...

I think I deserve the sticker, as I did it this morning! Don't need to go to the gym today...

No comments: